Statement 1: Budget Overview (Continued)
The Australian Government, in partnership with the Northern Territory Government, will provide a stronger future for Indigenous Australians in the Northern Territory through health services, education, employment, housing, nutrition and community safety, including by tackling drug and alcohol misuse.
The Commonwealth will continue efforts to Close the Gap in the Northern Territory through a ten‑year commitment of around $3.4 billion, including:
- $713.5 million for primary health care and improved access to allied health services;
- $694.9 million for community safety, remote policing, and tackling alcohol abuse;
- $602.5 million to boost jobs and improve access to and quality of education;
- $442.4 million to strengthen the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal children, youth and their families; and
- $427.4 million to improve remote engagement and coordination.
If www.budget.gov.au responds slowly or you are having trouble downloading a document, try one of the Budget Website Mirrors
Note: Where possible, Budget documents are available in HTML and for downloading in Portable Document Format(PDF). If you require further information on any of the tables or charts on this website, please contact The Treasury.