In accordance with the Guidelines for Federal Government World Wide Websites issued by the Australian Privacy Commissioner, the Department of the Treasury provides the following privacy statement.
When you visit this site the following information will be recorded by The Treasury or it’s service providers for statistical purposes:
- a record of your server address;
- the top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser that you use.
We do not use any cookies on any area of the site that is accessible to the public.
No attempt will be made to identify users of their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise its authority to inspect the Internet Service Providers log files.
Contacting Treasury by email
Treasury will only record your email address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list. We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.